iPhone App Directory

So what will Apple bring us in September?


Lots of people are talking about the possibility of an Apple event in early September. Apparently the most likely date is the 9th. I've no idea why though. Either way, I guess it's likely that they will do an event, and in the case that they do, perhaps we'll see something new coming for iPhone and iPad.

If you believe the rumours then we might see:
  • Force Touch display
  • A9 processor
  • Improved camera system
  • Faster LTE chip
  • and of course, perhaps the fabled iPad Pro
For me, one of the most important things to see would be force touch on the iPhone. I think this could be a real step forward and allow some seriously interesting things to happen, not only in the mobile music world, but with lots of other apps too.

Usually I've never gone for the 's' versions of the iPhone, but if force touch looks good I might need to change that. I'll see.

The other thing that is being rumoured is a new Apple TV. Whilst this isn't at all related to mobile music I think it has some capacity for being interesting as there's talk that the new Apple TV will have an app store of its own. It's been a while since I saw much interest with music apps using AirPlay, but I think that there are possibilities to stretch apps into the TV space if the Apple TV app store happens and of course that it works in a usable sense for developers.

As with all of the above, we'll just have to wait and see.

What would you like to see?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A9 chip, great...wow almost no latency, thats great.
Honestly though, I still dont think IPAD is truly a portable music making machine. Say its a nice day and I'm sitting on a park bench and want to do some serious music editing, what do I do? Put it on my lap and hunch over it uncomfortably? hold it with one hand and prod with the other hand uncomfortably? All that pointing makes my arm hurt. Maybe its better to use a netbook with a keyboard..in that case whats the point? IPAD? its expensive beyond a joke, stupid file system cant even organise my samples properly, automation is recorded in low resoluton "steps", half the apps have low quality render to email bullshit so I probably need to be connected to the inetrnet, plus its not really portable. I miss the days of milkytracker on iPAQ with a stylus and D-pad. I know things have moved on since milkytracker, but basically, unless I have a table such as a picnic bench, IPAD is not really portable. What I mean is it doesnt pass the park bench test for portability...I'd say to all music app developers, bring back d-pad and buttons, sure, include a touchscreen but honestly ipad has started to annoy me. PSP vita may not be powerful enough but at least they got the form factor right. F**** that macintosh sh*t MANG!!

ashley said...

Interesting comment. Thanks. I still favour my iPhone over my iPad for making music on the go, and sometimes my old Palm OS Treo too. So I do know what you mean.

The interesting thing would be to determine what is the perfect, or perhaps ideal form factor for mobile music making?