Music IO : MIDI over USB between your iOS device and your Mac.
This is the MIDI-only version of Music IO, the only professional MIDI and audio-over-USB solution for iOS. This version of the app is free for a limited time; you can upgrade to the full version of Music IO to get both MIDI and audio, without needing to change the Mac server.
Easily send MIDI between your iOS and your Mac. It's fully bidirectional, simple, reliable, and near-zero latency.
Music IO is a joint effort by three of the most respected iOS music app development teams. Confusion Studios makes MIDI Designer Pro, the most innovative MIDI controller platform for iOS. MIDI Designer is adored by users, loved by Music Industry press, and trusted on stages and in studios around the World. Audeonic Apps makes the pioneering MidiBridge app, an essential tool for routing and filtering MIDI messages on iOS; they also provide the MidiBus software library, which powers dozens of successful music apps (including Music IO). The Secret Base Design team has built a range of pioneering apps providing high-speed MIDI and audio connections over Bluetooth LE and WiFi, as well as unique signal processing apps.
The three teams have joined forces to build the only fully integrated USB audio and MIDI solution that doesn't require additional hardware. It's been in development for months, from developers with decades of experience. Music IO lets your iOS device become an integral part of a modern professional music production system.
- Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
- Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
- Choose "send to" ports (OSX and iOS)
- Choose "receive from" (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
- BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
- Music IO is designed to work with iOS 7 or newer, and OS X 10.7 or newer. Audio is transferred in 32-bit stereo, at 44.1khz; other audio sample rates will be supported in an upcoming release.
Download the free, companion app and plug-ins from the the Music IO web site (musicIOapp.com/mac) and get connected in no time. See the demonstration video: musicioapp.com/vid120