iPhone App Directory

The Mobile Music Alphabet: D is for ...

D is also a very important letter in the mobile music alphabet. So let's start.

D is for DopplerPad


DopplerPad is a great synth / sequencer / sampler and all round music production app. I often start pieces with something in DopplerPad and then work out from there. When Retronyms added the synth and effects parts of the app it became even more useful. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Retronyms do for DopplerPad on the iPad, whatever it is I'm sure it'll be great.

DopplerPad at the app store:
DopplerPad

D is for DrumTrack8


When DrumTrack8 added paste ability it became a really useful tool in my mobile music making set up. I really like how tweakable it is and how it keeps on getting updates.

DrumTrack8 at the app store:
DrumTracker

D is for Drum Kit Ace


This is a Windows Mobile app, and there aren't too many around these days. Drum Kit Ace is a game and a drum machine too, but as far as I know it hasn't been updated in a long time. Shame really.

D is for D-Pod


I know that this is shameless self promotion! D-Pod is a little drum app that I made ages ago using ViziBasic and iziBasic on my Treo 650. Fun, but not entirely useful.

D is for DS-10 / DS-10+


The DS-10 and the + version too are hugely important for mobile music. Getting a music production application into a mainstream handset like the Nintendo DS was a big step forward. It is a shame that the + isn't coming to Europe, but I'll content myself with the original.

DS-10's at eBay

D is for DP-004/008


Sometimes hardware is what you need. I've wanted a Tascam DP-008 ever since I first saw one, and they are reasonably priced, but the money always goes somewhere else!

Tascam DP-008 8 Track Digital PocketStudio

Today's post was brought to you by the letter D

2 comments:

Zachary said...

Don't forget Droneo.

dcp said...

Is there any possibility to get the latest versions of d-pod and ranDrum? Palmgear seems to have deleted them from their list... and the ones i have installed look very different from the screens you included here...