iPhone App Directory

Reason on the iPad


Moonbuz posts on the latest issue of CM and their discussion with Propelerhead CEO Ernst Nathorst-Boos on the possibility that there might be a an iPad version of Reason as "iPad is at least as powerful computer as the ones we started making software for back in 90s.

Moonbuz goes on to say "CM also spoke to some iPhone/iPod music app developers and in the nearest future we should expect not only iPad version of bleep!Box but also technoBox ( they have already a prototype ) and iSyn" Excellent stuff.

I just bought the latest edition of CM, and it has a few interesting iPhone related bits to it this month. More when I've skimmed through it.

3 comments:

johnnyg0 said...

Can you imagine that if the ipad was a real tablet computer, we would have Reason available on it day one?... and Cubase, and Fruityloops, and Ableton Live, and Pro Tools, and well... everything?

... just imagine ...

ashley said...

That is a fair point, but I wonder if Apple made it just like a mini MacBook if developers would create new software for it?

I'm not aware of netbook specific music software being released, but there are people saying they'll make new applications for iPad.

Maybe there's room for both.

Johnnyg0 said...

I think developers could still create touch screen optimized version of their software (they could even sell that as a feature). Eventually programming touch operations could become as standard as programming stuff for the mouse. But do we really need new software for that? What am I supposed to replace Photoshop with? Another Photoshop? And what if I already bought Reason for Windows, I have to buy it again for ipad?

Also forcing devs to program for a lower end OS is just silly. As good as BleepSynth and such might look for the iPad, they just look silly compared to anything for their computers counterparts.

In the meantime, there's still nothing comparable to Rebirth, and the Reason's devs are "exited to work on a processor "as powerful as the ones [they] started making software for back in 90s" (quote).

I still think I will get an ipad, but only because I would like to play BeBot, Thumbjam and other apps on a bigger screen, I do have some money to waste, but only for the 16g one :). For more serious stuff (like multitrack recording or sequencing) I will get a real tablet computer.