iPhone App Directory

What can you do with ... ?


An old 6gb iPod Mini? I got given this as it was unwanted due to an upgrade. Occasionally this happens where people who know my fondness for mobile devices decide to give me their unwanted technology rather than sell it or through it away. Nice thought, but it means that I have a few bits and pieces lying around that I really don't know what to do with.

So, any suggestions for what I can do with this? Seems a shame to get rid of it.

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

robman84 said...

You are feeling very sleepy. Listen to your thoughts. G-i-i-i-v-e i-t t-o-o-o r-o-b :o)

velocipede said...

Use it for audiobooks or podcasts. Use it for workout music.

my name is bernie said...

you can run pure data anywhere (PDa) on it by installing a patched ipod linux, i believe.

ashley said...

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I might give PDa a go if I can find some info on how to get it running on the mini.

Anonymous said...

Upgrade? It's easy to open those up and throw in a huge compact flash disk in there. You can get a 32GB one on newegg for $60.

Anonymous said...

Use it to store and organize samples.

Unknown said...

Replace the battery, put a 32GB CompactFlash card inside and install Rockbox. That's what I did with mine.

TMothy73 said...

If you are someone that uses Windows XP computers you could try installing MojoPac on it? I've been playing around with MojoPac on a hard drive this weekend and have installed FL Studio on it and put a load of samples on it, so that I can take it to work with me or wherever and play with music making without having to install the apps on a computer.

ashley said...

Thanks for the tip for MojoPac, that looks really cool.