iPhone App Directory

Explorations with a Ukulele and IK's iRig Acoustic

I thought I'd post a few recent tracks of mine which show what I've been doing with IK's iRig Acoustic, which, I have to say, I'm really impressed with. I've been using it with my Ukulele and I'm so pleased with the results.

So here's a few things I've made using it. I hope you like them.







I think it shows how clear and distinct the sound is even with a lot of effects used.

In terms of how each track was constructed, here's the ingredients for each:

  1. Track one was made using AUFX Space, Dub, PeakQ, Multitrack DAW, Audiobus, and AudioShare.
  2. Track two was made using Deregulator with Audiobus into Audioshare.
  3. And finally, track 3 used apeDelay.

I'm impressed with the iRig Acoustic and would happily recommend it, I'm planning to do some more with it in the coming weeks to show a bit more of its capabilities, so watch out for that.

IK Multimedia's iRig Acoustic

3 comments:

Pierre Fontaine said...

I just purchased this as well and am enormously impressed by it. It took me awhile to realize how to get it set up but now that it's up and running on my iPad, it works with a ton of apps and sounds great. Thanks for sharing these experiments.
Pierre

Anonymous said...

These are great!
S. Dinosaur

Tom said...

Whoa! I'm majorly impressed with this! I've tried many a time to run my acoustic/electric baritone ukulele through FX, hoping to get something even close to this kind of spacey vibe (and other crunchy raunchy rocky vibes) but struggled because of piezo pickups being so sensitive and hardware fx processors not being designed for such madness.... This has me sold on the irig, and the NIMS technology.

Do you ever play it live? I'd love to know how it does in that setting too.

Keep up the good work man!

Btw, I'm a long time follower.... but I rarely post. Thanks so much for the receptive and speedy response. It shows greatly you care for this blog and the technology it covers.