iPhone App Directory

iOS DJ Apps Key Lock Test



Video description:

Quick test of keylock functionality and audio on iOS apps - specifically DJ apps. I used "Touch Me" by Rui da Silva as the test track, as it features kicks, snares, vocals and synths in the section I used.

I played the same section of the track on all the apps in the test, at -16% with Key Lock enabled on a 3rd Generation iPad running the latest version of iOS (6.1.3) and the latest version of all apps involved (as of 25.03.2013).

The apps used were Capo, Traktor DJ, DJ Player (NB: on the audio in the video for this app is in Mono - my mistake...on Soundcloud I re-recorded with the correct in-app setting for stereo output), CrossDJ, djay, Touch The Wave (TTW).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! Who would have though of
Tractor being marginally worse?!

Anonymous said...

Confirms my tests of the same... Traktor keylock is terrible.