iPhone App Directory

A new app from the maker of Jasuto


What's up next from the maker of the excellent Jasuto is bringing a new app to the iPad. Here are some details from the Jasuto forum:

Meet Yumi, the violin simulator!


It's a silly name (I like those obviously) meaning 'bow' in Japanese...


So this is sorta the first thing that's been built with the new Jasuto Studio framework, the sound quality is amazing and absolutely no samples are used. It's using a fairly novel approach to achieve synthesis in realtime without aliasing or any sort of digital stepping, and yes it sounds like a true violin or even a cello.


I'm going to make a Youtube video demonstrating the sound quality next...


Also I'm not sure if that's the final UI or not, this app is more about functionality and sound quality. So yeah, I don't wanna give too many details but hopefully in a week or so it'll be out (iPad initially)!


Chris

What's really interesting is that it has been built with the new 'Jasuto Studio Framework'. I wonder what the framework is and whether it will be available for others to make apps with?

Clip to Evernote

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shocking to see such a nice interface from the guy who developed Jasuto Pro :p

It doesn't look like Yumi is really for me, but I can't wait to see what he does next!

Anthony

Anonymous said...

I'm in, I'll buy this one when it's released if it's as good as described. Hoping it has most of the fine tuning features in jasuto pro ( Osc's and such).

formal said...

Yah, I'm really diggin the interface on this one too. I hope some of it carries over to Jasuto Studio :)

Darksound said...

Sweet. If I'm looking at this correctly it looks as though you can bow two strings at once.

I wonder if bow pressure has been figured in. Pull a little hard on the bow and get a squawk type deal.

Either way, I think I'm in as well. Having violin synthesis with manual action is going to beat the violins with keyboard action for sure.

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. Hoping 4 android and ipod touch versions!