iPhone App Directory

First peek at Tympanum coming next week

It has been a long time coming. A new app from miniMusic, a development company that have been involved in mobile music from the very start on Palm OS and now iOS.

I have no idea what the app is like or what it will do or anything. What I do know is that it'll have something to do with the three images here:


 The first is the sequence from BeatPad, the Palm OS sequencer from miniMusic. The second is from AxisPad, a great theremin app, and the third is from SpinPad, a demo app that never got into production from miniMusic.

So what have all of those got to do with this? I don't know as yet, but I hope we'll get some more clues next week.


Clip to Evernote

2 comments:

kid versus chemical said...

wow, thats really exciting, those where the 3 mini music palm apps I really loved (and still like to play with to this day). Spinpad in particular I thought was awesome, I bugged them a few times by email to make a complete version, I really liked the idea.
: )

-Matt

Nick said...

And don't forget NotePad. There's still nothing like it on iOS for jotting stuff down fast, with its ability to switch between notation, piano roll, and keyboard. My all-time favourite mobile app for anything.

I'm going to stick my neck way out here and say that something called Tympanum might, just might, be some kind of drum app...