iPhone App Directory

Playing with Flourish again


I was playing with Flourish again after a long time the other day and used it on my iPad this time.

I'd forgotten what an interesting way of sequencing Flourish uses. I'm sure I've mentioned before that it reminds me a lot of SpinPad from MiniMusic (an old Palm OS app).

Using Flourish again I found it a real joy to use and organise patterns. Whilst the choice of sounds is limited the way the interface works is where it shines. New interfaces for creating music and patterns are always useful for sparking creativity and new ways of seeing patterns in music.

The way the Flourish allows you to connect patterns together and chain them visually is a great way of playing with notes and ideas and making them do things you weren't expecting. I like that.

No comments: