iPhone App Directory

Mikey 2 is coming

Blue Microphones Mikey 2.0 iPod Recording Microphone with Speaker
 
Thanks to Michael who posted on the arrived of Blue's new Mikey 2.0. Michael's post goes on to quote the specs for the new Mikey 2.0 which confirms that Blue's new hardware won't be supporting the iPhone 4 or the iPad.

I've been using Blue's original Mikey for a while now and I have to say that it is a high quality product. It is just a shame that Blue and other hardware manufacturers have been hit by Apple's decision to change the pins in the iPhone 4 and iPad.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So is a connection kit coming for the iPhone 4?
Is it the end for 30pin connector Stereo & Mono Recording on the iPhone?

ashley said...

I'm not sure about that. The hardware people I've talked to have talked about creating new versions of their devices for the iPhone 4 and iPad.

Mr. A said...

It's a bit unclear if it is JUST iPhone 4/iPad, or ALL iOS 4 devices that don't work (including legacy devices that were upgraded).

I wouldn't trust it until the reviews come in and say 100% that my iOS 4 iTouch will work with the Mikey... and even then I'm not sure about it.

Blue is going to lose some serious $$$ off this. Nobody is going to buy a device that is obsolete before it even ships.

soundog said...

I really wish Apple wasn't so stinky about making hardware support easier for companies .... especially audio add-ons and peripherals.

ashley said...

It just seems so random to change the pins so that lots of stuff doesn't work.

I don't understand it

Unknown said...

Glad I caught this, just cancelled my amazon order, had no idea it wasn't going to support the new iPhone!