iPhone App Directory

Pierre's top 10

Another top 10 iPhone apps. This one is a little different. Pierre's list is of 'creative' iPhone / iPod Touch apps, which is a nice twist:

I don't think I could list ten music apps that I'm thrilled with but I'll happily list my favorite "creative" apps on my IPod Touch 8G:

Xewton Music Studio:
My favorite all-around music app. I really love it!
Xewton Music Studio

ISyn:
Very flexible synths and drum machine.
iSyn

Bebot:
Perhaps the most innovative single instrument on my IPod Touch.
Bebot - Robot Synth

NLog Synth:
Very nice collection of presets and good all-around synth.
NLog Synthesizer

IShred:
I can't play guitar but I really like this emulation.
iShred: Guitar + Effects

GuitarPro:
Great for acoustic strumming emulation.
? Guitar Pro

Melodica:
Very interesting music making paradigm.
Melodica

And to round out my top ten creative apps, here's a couple of drawing programs:

Sketchbook:
This just came out but it's a very flexible sketching program.
SketchBook Mobile

Layers:
Very nice drawing program that is a bit more responsive than "Sketchbook" but doesn't have as many features.
Layers

FlipBook:
Very simple but well rounded 2D animation program.
FlipBook

I'm also very interested in getting a multi-track app but can't decide which one to purchase. I'm also extremely interested in the Hitchcock storyboarding app but am waiting for the ability to draw my own artwork, instead of taking photos (which my ITouch cannot do obviously).

Pierre

Well, that's an interesting top ten Pierre, as for the multitrack app, there's FourTrack, and MultiTrack, both of which are easy to use. RecTools isn't bad, but I'm not sure that there's going to be updates to that app as it's been very quiet for a long time now.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice top ten