iPhone App Directory

Tyler's top ten iPhone apps

Today I've got another top ten iPhone apps from a reader, Tyler Sammy:

I've been waiting for a platform like the iPhone so I can make music on the go, here are the apps I turn to the most

Beatmaker
Vital to sequence sounds from all the other apps
BeatMaker

noise.io
Any sound I need, can be created
Noise.io? Pro Synth

bleepbox
Found this through palm sounds, can't wait for exporting capabilities
bleep!BOX

iShred
Solid guitar
iShred: Guitar + Effects

Vocoder SV-5
Still hoping for an updated version but this is still pretty sweet
Vocoder Synthesizer SV-5

JR Hexatone
Still figuring it out and having fun doing so
JR Hexatone? Pro

Star Melody
Very easy to get some great riffs
Star Melody

DopplerPad
A lot of potential, needs a way to keep A and B synced up while editing
DopplerPad

iSyn
Just got this one today thanks to Rob's post
iSyn

TouchOSC
Doesn't create sound, but lets me control Ableton Live while partying on the dance floor
TouchOSC

Bonus: iFile - for jailbroken iPhones, lets me grab audio created from apps without ioLibrary integration and get them into beatmaker while on the move

Great blog, I really enjoy your updates, keeping me aware of all the good stuff that's out there!

Thanks for your 10 Tyler. Some interesting apps in there. I'm going to have to go back to Star Melody again and check it out.

You can find out more about Tyler's music here:

Building The Station
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Building-The-Station/61885171462
http://www.myspace.com/buildingthestation
http://www.tylersammy.com

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some good stuff here

Anonymous said...

How do I get to do my own top 10?