iPhone App Directory

Snippets from the MotionApps interview

I'm guessing that some will have read all of this interview, but for those who haven't and are interested in Classic on Palm's webOS I thought I might pick out a few bits:
(PC): We've been very impressed with the graphical capabilities of Classic running PalmOS games -- what sort of technical challenges did you have to overcome to reach that level of performance?
(MA): We dealt with some very low-level APIs and data structures of PalmOS and webOS. For example, we had to reengineer certain parts of PalmOS and often we felt like we were creating a new OS which is something that you rarely have a chance to do. It was very challenging, but we also had a lot of fun doing the work.

I thought this was interesting, I hope that the 'low level APIs' they're talking about include sound.
(PC): We've heard from Palm that Classic has 'more access' to the underlying webOS than your standard application, which is based solely on web technologies. Can you talk a bit about what standard webOS SDK elements you're using for Classic and perhaps even some of the 'non-standard' stuff you're doing?
(MA): We used standard SDK that Palm published few weeks ago, but besides that we also had to use some low-level stuff of webOS.

Same again with this quote.

To date I haven't had a response from MotionApps to my questions about Bhajis loops, and I don't expect one now, but I do hope that Classic is worthwhile for those heading in the Pre and webOS direction.

Bookmark and Share

tags technorati :

No comments: