"midiSTEPs v1.1 update, some cool new features including random step triggers, random variations of note length and velocity, AudioBus, keyboards restricted to major/minor scales, and Audio Unit Extension hosting."
- Set random trigger probability, per step
- Set randomization of velocity and length of notes, per part
- Keyboard can be limited to a major or minor scale
- Keyboard goes two octaves lower
- Auto-hold option for press step screen, set in Settings app
Bonus feature: AU Extension hosting!
- this is an experimental feature for a new iOS 9 API, keep expectations in check
- that said, it's a whole lot of fun...
- there is currently only one released synthesizer AU Extension, iSEM
- you can run multiple instances of iSEM within midiSTEPs, automate parameters per step, and more
- AU extension effects are not currently supported, just synths
- certain things can sometimes cause clicks with iSEM: fast runs of notes, ties with some patches, etc
- if using multiple AU parts, use the audio mixer popup to lower individual parts and overall volume to avoid clipping
- experiment with audio buffer size, other AU extensions when they're released, recording via AB and let me know what works and what doesn't
- this is a step towards the future but it's not ready for your live set yet... experiment in your spare time and have fun