iPhone App Directory

Out and about with Palm Sounds

I thought it might be interesting (and you can tell me whether it is or not) to let you know a few of the projects and other stuff that I get involved with as a result of the Palm Sounds blog. The reason I thought it might be interesting is that in many ways Palm Sounds isn't just a blog about mobile music, but quite a lot more these days, but for the most part that largely sits behind the scenes, or at least I don't always make a point of mentioning stuff that often.

So I thought I'd change that a little and tell you a few things about what I get up to. Here goes ...

Meeting Lucky Frame:
Back in August I was in Edinburgh for the Festival and took the opportunity of popping in on the lovely people from Lucky Frame who make Wave Trip, Gentlemen, and of course the awesome Mujik. Whilst I was there they were putting the finishing touches on the version Gentlemen for Ouya. It was great to talk about their apps and their work in combining music making and gaming.


Heart n Soul Sound Lab Project:
I've mentioned this project before. In fact, when I checked I've posted about it a few times now, including this post about getting our configurations of apps right and starting off the project. Well I'm glad to say that it looks like this project is going to keep going and doing even more interesting things with encouraging creativity and collaboration. I don't have details of the next events, or how the project will evolve but I'm glad to continue to be a part of it as I think it's a really important use of mobile technology, so expect to hear more in the coming months.


Heart n Soul Beautiful Octopus Club:
Of course the final outcome of the Sound Lab was the event at the Royal Festival Hall and I've also included a link to the pictures that Heart n Soul posted to flickr of the event.


The Fish Police album launch:
This is linked in to the work that Heart n Soul do and I was really pleased to get invited along. It turned out to be a very interesting event, and I've got some video and pictures to post on that in the next few days. Also the Fish Police launched their own iPad app at the same time which lets you remix one of the album tracks. Take a look here.


Music TechPitch 4.5
I've been chairing MT4.5 for a little while now and this time I was really pleased to be able to get Mick Grierson from Goldsmiths to come along and talk about some of the amazing technology that they've been developing including their maximillian library. I think this deserves a post in its own right, so I'll tell you more about that another time. Soon though.


Meeting Matthias Krebs
I was lucky enough to get to meet up with Matthias last week when he was briefly in London. If you don't know Matthias and the DigiEnsemble then I'd strongly suggest that you visit DigiEnsemble and his music app blog, AppMusik. It turns out that we actually have a lot more in common than I thought.


Meeting Marcus Padrini
I think I've known Marcus for about three years and I've been so pleased to see his blog go from strength to strength in that time. So it was great to get the opportunity to meet up with him whilst he was on a rare trip to the UK. I will be writing a bit more about all that we talked about and there might even be a picture of us in there somewhere.


So the it's been a busy time lately, and there's quite a few other projects on the go right now, ranging from hardware stuff coming to kickstarter, events, apps, and generally talking to people in the mobile music world about what's going on.

I plan to post an update like this every couple of weeks or so, so if you're interested in talking, getting together, or letting me know about your event or project, please get in touch. You can find out how to email me by clicking on the 'about' button.

No comments: