iPhone App Directory

Anyone interested in the Caustic Modular for iOS/iPad?

If you are you need to read this comment from the developer and make sure that you let him know that you would like it on iOS / iPad or it's likely to never see the light of day, which in my opinion would be a big shame.

Make your views known!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am!

Anonymous said...

Totally missed it. He's not exactly actively promoting it.

Rej said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a teenage attention whore either. I'm not expecting people to beg me to write apps. I was just sad that call for demo material in the original post (intended to help ship the app) went largely unanswered, I interpreted that as lack of market interest. I guess it's similar to asking a crowd to "call 911", everyone assumes someone else will do it and it'll be fine.

I'm currently working on getting all of Caustic, including its modular synth to iPad for the next release, but it won't be ready for months. (please don't make that into another news post Ash, or whoever is writing these :-p, I'll definitely let you know when it's out)

I understand iOS probably doesn't need another all-in-one DAW/synth rack, but competition is always healthy and people can choose when the time comes.

Peace,
-Rej

ashley said...

Thanks for letting me know. I think that Caustic is one of the best Android apps out there, if not the best.

I won't post about this again as you request although that was my first thought.

As for the iOS market being crowded I think that there's lots of space for a new modular app as there's very few of those at the moment and they tend to be very popular, so it'll be great to see it come to iOS at some point.

Please do stay in touch.

Ashley.