iPhone App Directory

Mobile Studio: Palm OS4: Theremini



Theremini emulates a Theremin using the speaker in Palm devices and the pen to control amplitude and frequency. It is also able to control MIDI sound modules in real time.



Theremini is of course the predecessor to AxisPad from miniMusic. It is a fantastic little application and one of the first I ever used on my palm. As it worked with external MIDI devices I used to use it with my old Swivel Systems SG20 module. I do miss that old MIDI module, I wish I'd kept it now, they're pretty much impossible to get hold of these days, I don't think I've seen one on eBay for years.



Theremini is one of those applications that you just have to play with once in a while. For the same reason I love AxisPad, and I'm really looking forward to when it can record and export as well.

Theremini is really worth a try if you've never played with an app like it, and you should check out Pete Moss' web site too, as it is quite an interesting place!

No comments: